Description of Externship:
We receive cytology, hematology and biochemical profile submissions from within the Veterinary Teaching Hospital and from veterinary practices across the country. We have a large cytology caseload of >7500 cases per year. Our group consists of 7 board certified clinical pathologists and 3 clinical pathology residents. Informal activities would involve shadowing the clinical pathologists and residents during daily interpretation of cases, consultation with clinicians and students, and discussion of laboratory instruments. We also have a number of self-guided cytology/hematology teaching sets. Scheduled activities would include:
- Weekly histology and clinical pathology slide seminar
- Weekly journal club with faculty and residents
- Weekly surgical biopsy class directed at clinical residents
- Weekly clinical pathology rounds
- Weekly integrated (with clin path and radiology) gross necropsy rounds
Amy L. MacNeill, DVM, PhD, DACVP
Associate Professor, Clinical Pathology Section
Microbiology, Immunology & Pathology Dept.
Colorado State University
Room 110 DMC
300 W. Drake Rd.
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1644